}

16 November 2017

Boeung Mealea - the lost temple

Boeung Mealea is one of Angkor’s lost temples, a mirror image of the mighty Angkor Wat, but totally and utterly consumed by the jungle.

The temple lies about 70Km from Siem Reap.  I went there by tuk tuk with my wonderful driver friend and loved the views of Cambodian rural life on the way.

We left very early and I'm so glad we did.  The experience of exploring this vast, mysterious jungle temple with almost no one around was an unforgettable experience.  There were some very dark tunnels along the way and I was very lucky I had my i-phone torch to show the way.  It was a real Indiana Jones type experience although I'm sure he poo poo the i-phone torch !!










Temples we visited on the way home









My wonderful tuk tuk driver

He doesn't speak much English but we beamed at each other constantly.  Such a lovely, lovely guy.



1 comments:

joanne said...

Absolutely beautiful. I would have "poo poo'd" myself in those dark tunnels on my own with only my phone for light!!!

Your Tuk Tuk driver looks lovely.

Clicky